Setting up YouTube
Do you want to add a YouTube video to your website?
Follow the instructions below to add the youtube video to your website and configure it correctly.
How do I add a YouTube video to my website?
- Open applications to add a new app to your website
- Choose "YouTube" from the list by clicking on the icon.
- Website will update and your new youtube video will appear on your website.
How do I configure my youtube video?
- At the top of the youtube content tile, select the "App Config" button
- Type your YouTube Video ID in the "Video ID" field.
- Format should follow: nv06ls7edUQ
How do I find my YouTube Video ID?
- Go to YouTube.com and find the video you wish to add to your website.
- In the browser url address, you will see something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvo6ls7edUQ
- The ID is on the end of the url: nvo6ls7edUQ
Troubleshooting:If you are having problems with the app, please see common problems below:
The video holder says "This Video is Private"
- When you upload a video, the default privacy setting is "Public". If you have changed this to "Private" you must change the settings for your website to display it correctly.
- In your videos, find the video you would like to change
- Click the "EDIT" button
- In the "Privacy Settings" drop-down menu, select Public
- Click "Save changes"
The video holder shows a copyright error
- This video has been flagged as breaching copyright. This is done by YouTube and cannot be fixed through our application.
- Contact YouTube support or add a different video to the app config settings.
Still having issues?Send us a support message and we can help solve your problem.